Mindfulness Initiative: Mindfulness is a state of active, open attention of the present. When you're mindful, you carefully observe your thoughts and feelings without judging them good or bad. Cho0se and complete two of the challenges below to receive a gift card. Open to employees and spouses.
1. Exercise Your Mind for 30 Days: Do Brainteasers, puzzles, crosswords, or other brain games 10 minutes a day for 30 days (doesn't have to be consecutive days).
2. Plan Out Your Day: Take a few minutes each day to make a plan: schedule for the day (it can change or adapt as needed), tasks to accomplish, get off the couch and perform one task in the evenings, etc. Complete 30 days (doesn't have to be consecutive days).
3. 30 Random Acts of Kindness: Perform 30 different random acts of kindness (that you do not already always do) for someone over the next 30 days. They do not have to be time consuming; it can be as simple as helping someone carry something to his/her car, sending a thank you or appreciation note, etc.
4. 10 in 30: Memorize 10 meaningful quotes in 30 days.
5. Reset Your Mind: Shut down ALL screened media one hour before bed for 30 days (doesn't have to be consecutive days).