Outage Health Plan 2019 - this program begins February 6
- No deadline to finish
- Work at your own pace.
- Everyone who completes the program will be entered in the next quarterly drawing regardless of when you turn in your paper work. When you complete all four parts, turn in to receive a gift card.
Program consists of 4 parts:
1. Physical Preparation - Participate in strength training. Employees should engage in exercises specific to outage work. For example, pushing, overhead, or work position specific to what you do during the outage (lying down, overhead work, kneeling squatting, etc.) Use weights, cables, pulleys, bands, your own body weight, etc., for resistance. (Complete 20 days)
2. Resilience Preparation - Perform muscular endurance type exercise (walking, jogging, upper cycle for overhead and repetitive work, etc.). This can also partially include stretching. (Complete 40 days).
3. Nutrition - To have your body meet the demands of the outage, it must also have the vitamins and minerals to allow it to function properly. (Consume 150 servings of fruits and vegetables). A serving is a medium whole fruit or one cup raw or 1/2 cup cooked.
4. Hydration - this is easy. Mark each day you are hydrated during the work day. It is simple, not tracking or counting. (Complete 40 days).